DIRECT BENEFITS TO THE COMMUNITY
At the High Winds AGM on 12 May 2018, members voted in favour of donating £30,000 from High Winds profits to Baywind Community Energy Trust. High Winds intends to donate funds on an annual basis. The Trust will be responsible for spending the funds on local projects.
The Trustees meet on average three times a year to grant funding for energy, education and community welfare in Furness area. Over the past year we have given grants of over £12,000 to the following projects:
• £1,500 for Forest Schools projects at St Marys, Ulverston and £500 to Our Lady’s in Dalton.
• £500 for support for the Community-led Village Plan in Pennington.
• £2,100 for LED lighting at Lindal Buccleuch Hall.
• £3,000 to cover refurbishments at Swarthmoor Readin Rooms.
• £1,700 contribution to sports equipment at Kirkby Sports.
2018 Grant Awards
• £16,660 funding to install solar PV panels on the roof of Dalton Community Association.
• Sponsorship for the Community Chat newsletter at Pennington
If your organisation is interested in applying for funding then please contact Richard Scott c/o High Winds Community Energy Society or Energ4All Limited on 01229 821028 or email email@example.com
Baywind Community Trust are also looking for new trustees especially from younger residents local to Pennington, Swarthmoor, Lindal or Ulverston etc. If you wish to be involved please contact Richard Scott c/o High Winds Community Energy Society or Energ4All Limited on 01229 821028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Baywind Community Energy Trust please visit www.baywind.coop