DIRECT BENEFITS TO THE COMMUNITY
High Winds intends to donate a portion of its profits each year to the Baywind Community Energy Trust. The Trust will be responsible for spending the funds on local projects.
Donations to date to the Trust:
2020 £30,000 plus £29,435 from the neigbouring Mean Moor wind farm site.
Additional Funds during Covid
High Winds also provided funding to a number of local charities:
- £7,000 to Ulverston Food Waste Project
- £1,000 to Shed 1 Ulverston
- £5,000 to Barrow Foodbank
- £4,000 to Age UK
- £1,000 to St Mary’s Hospice
- £1,000 to Ford Park
- £4,500 to South Lakes Credit Union
- £1,000 to Morecambe Bay Foodbank
- £1,000 to Barrow & District Society for the Blind
- £1,000 to Pennington Community Chat Mag
- £1,000 to Pennington Church
- £3,500 to Barrow Credit Union
The Trustees meet on average three times a year to grant funding for renewable energy, energy efficiency measures and fuel poverty in Furness area. To find out more about the Trust’s activities click here.
Baywind Community Trust are also looking for new trustees especially from younger residents local to Pennington, Swarthmoor, Lindal or Ulverston etc. If you wish to be involved please contact Richard Scott c/o High Winds Community Energy Society or Energ4All Limited on 01229 821028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org